Every golfer experiences a bad day on the course at some point.
It is, unfortunately, inevitable.
There are, however, things that you can do to prevent a bad day from turning into a horrible day.
It helps knowing your tendencies and being aware of them when they creep into your game.
LET ME GIVE YOU 5 MAIN REASONS YOU START STINKING ON THE GOLF COURSE AND WHAT YOU CAN DO:
- Speed – You swing too fast and your rhythm is out of sync. Step to the side and take some swings without a ball and try to find some tempo to your swing.
- Swing Too Hard – Usually this comes from trying to hit it longer. You squeeze the club hard and you swing at the ball. Take it easy and swing at 3/4 speed.
- Check your aim – Being misaligned, first leads to an offline shot that then turns into an unconscious swing correction which means you it is less repeatable.
- Ball position – If the ball is not in the correct spot, you can hit fat or thin shots.
- Play your favorite club – Quit hitting clubs that you don’t hit well. This may seem like common sense but just because you own a 3 wood that “should” goes a long way doesn’t mean it does.
The biggest thing to remember is that no matter how bad of a day you are having…
You did not suddenly lose your golf swing in a day.
Tomorrow is a new day..
Exciting news! The Busy Woman’s Golf Club is open and accepting Monthly Members.
I am so excited to offer a special membership to women interested in learning to be consistent and confident golfers.